Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

frequency domain analysis

Anis Nurashikin Nordin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI everyone,

Currently I'm designing the clamp clamp beam resonator. I managed to fine eigenfrequencies but stuck in solving frequency domain analysis. Anyone can assist me to fix this issue?Attached is the simulation file(comsol 4.2)
The range of frequencies between 10MHz until 120 MHz.

Regards

3 Replies Last Post Sep 27, 2011, 2:43 a.m. EDT
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2011, 5:51 p.m. EDT
You have no loads for the frequency domain analysis.
You have no loads for the frequency domain analysis.

Anis Nurashikin Nordin

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2011, 8:39 p.m. EDT
Hi

Thanks Nagi. I have loaded the number of frequency. Hereby , attached is the updated file (comsol 4.2).Can you check for me.

Regards
Hi Thanks Nagi. I have loaded the number of frequency. Hereby , attached is the updated file (comsol 4.2).Can you check for me. Regards

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 27, 2011, 2:43 a.m. EDT
Hi

here is the model back with a few changes, to allow you to see the different modes. Now you can ask yourself why you have these number of eigenmodes and why they show up on some and not on other graphs :)

for the eigenfrequency solver I'm using the Mass matrix normalisation, so you tables are given the relative mass w.r.t. the three displacements, unfortunately, COMSOL does not show the rotational relative inertias (yet, I still hoping or future improvements ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi here is the model back with a few changes, to allow you to see the different modes. Now you can ask yourself why you have these number of eigenmodes and why they show up on some and not on other graphs :) for the eigenfrequency solver I'm using the Mass matrix normalisation, so you tables are given the relative mass w.r.t. the three displacements, unfortunately, COMSOL does not show the rotational relative inertias (yet, I still hoping or future improvements ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.