Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple question. Time dependent models

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am interested in modeling a system (can be as simple as a block) where I am able to vary the voltage of a surface as a function of time. What is the best way to go about this?

2 Replies Last Post Sep 7, 2011, 4:01 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2011, 3:35 p.m. EDT
Create some kind of function (analytical, piece-wise, interpolation, step, etc.) that is a function of time and assign it as your boundary condition. I've used this technique for charge/discharging a battery model - I used applied current density but it should be the same idea for varying the voltage.

Mark
Create some kind of function (analytical, piece-wise, interpolation, step, etc.) that is a function of time and assign it as your boundary condition. I've used this technique for charge/discharging a battery model - I used applied current density but it should be the same idea for varying the voltage. Mark

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2011, 4:01 p.m. EDT
How would I go about setting up a boundary coundition based off a predefined function. Should i do that in the electric currents?
How would I go about setting up a boundary coundition based off a predefined function. Should i do that in the electric currents?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.