Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotation of crankshaft

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

We would like to know if there is the possibility to simulate the rotation of the complete system of the crankshaft, piston and connecting rods with the aim of making the balancing of the crankshaft. The goal might be to find the right value of the mass that should be added to balance the system.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Caterina

1 Reply Last Post May 30, 2011, 3:54 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 30, 2011, 3:54 a.m. EDT
Hi

I'm not sure I would use COMSOL for that,
a) it's more a "rigid" multi-body simulation (still possible with some equation writing in COMSOL)
b) if you have the CAD you have the CoG and Inertias and the geometry for the full turn, what more do you need ?

But I might be fully missing the issue your are looking for ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I would use COMSOL for that, a) it's more a "rigid" multi-body simulation (still possible with some equation writing in COMSOL) b) if you have the CAD you have the CoG and Inertias and the geometry for the full turn, what more do you need ? But I might be fully missing the issue your are looking for ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.