Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error Saving File. Not enough space on disk

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have solved a time dependent problem and when I try to save it I am having an error message:
Error Saving File. There is not enough space on disk.

My model is quite big, and I have seen that the program saves automatically some files in C:\Documents and Settings\...\Temp
This files are very big. Then, free space on C: is too small and I cannot remove then while the program is open.

What can I do to save the file without losing information? Is it possibly to change the location of this "Temp" folder? For example to another hard disk (D:\) where there is free space enough.

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post May 9, 2011, 9:48 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 9, 2011, 9:48 a.m. EDT
Hi,

just a wild guess: Switch off 'Save recovery file' in the preferences.

If this doesn't work, try to free up enough space on your C: hard disk by temporarily moving other data to a different location.

Good luck,
Edgar
Hi, just a wild guess: Switch off 'Save recovery file' in the preferences. If this doesn't work, try to free up enough space on your C: hard disk by temporarily moving other data to a different location. Good luck, Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.