Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Manipulating retrieved geometry information via Livelink (MATLAB)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I use Geometry object Information function to get coordinates of a line.
My problem is to manipulate these data, as they are not stocked in the MatLab workspace.

So how can I manipulate values generated from Geometry object Information functions and use them elsewhere in the m-file ?

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 29, 2011, 10:41 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 29, 2011, 10:41 a.m. EDT
UPDATE:

Ok, well I came out with a simple trick:

right after the line where I get my informations, I save ANS into a matrix file...
using load afterward to retrieve data.

i.e.:
model.geom('geom1').faceParamRange(5);
ParamRange = ans
save Datas.mat ParamRange

Anything else ?
UPDATE: Ok, well I came out with a simple trick: right after the line where I get my informations, I save ANS into a matrix file... using load afterward to retrieve data. i.e.: model.geom('geom1').faceParamRange(5); ParamRange = ans save Datas.mat ParamRange Anything else ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.