Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in a porous material submerged in water

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am looking to do model heat transfer from within a porous polymer disk with water in the pores.

There is no place in the HTPM (heat transfer in a porous matrix) model in which to indicate that the fluid in the pores is water. How do I separate those two functions?

2 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2011, 3:13 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 25, 2011, 4:25 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Of course there is a place where you can define the fluid properties. Look at the attached jpg.

Look at the equations in the user's guide, the nomenclature is the same as in the interface (for fluid : rho, k, C_p and for the porous matrix: rho_p, k_p, C_p,p). This way you are sure that you enter the right numbers at the right place.
Hi, Of course there is a place where you can define the fluid properties. Look at the attached jpg. Look at the equations in the user's guide, the nomenclature is the same as in the interface (for fluid : rho, k, C_p and for the porous matrix: rho_p, k_p, C_p,p). This way you are sure that you enter the right numbers at the right place.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 29, 2011, 3:13 a.m. EDT
But there is no place for me to say which material to get the information from. The only way for me to do it is to manually input the data for water, but I want an easy way to be able to change this from water to other media for example without having to go through these particular numbers each time.

Is there another way?
But there is no place for me to say which material to get the information from. The only way for me to do it is to manually input the data for water, but I want an easy way to be able to change this from water to other media for example without having to go through these particular numbers each time. Is there another way?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.