Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting multiple selections

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm dealing with a complex geometry and to simplify it I have made a couple of different selections under "Model 1' > "Definitions", e.g.:

* Selection 1: Domain 1
* Selection 2: Domain 2, Domain 3, Domain 6
* Selection 3: Domain 4, Domain 5
* Selection n: Domain x, Domain y
* etcetera...

Now, I want to use the heat transfer module in different simulation on different domains, automatically without changing the selection sets:
For example:
* Simulation 1: ht.selection.set['sel1' 'sel3']
* Simulation 2: ht.selection.set['sel2' 'sel3']

I.e. is it possible to select multiple selections from the definitions section as domains to be used in e.g. heat transfer?

Regards,

Peter.

3 Replies Last Post Feb 28, 2011, 9:49 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 8:58 a.m. EST
Hi

I do not believe so yet.

I have been asking for such possibilities by sending a suggestion demand to "support", but pls contribute also by reminding them that this is useful, then it might come in next release ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not believe so yet. I have been asking for such possibilities by sending a suggestion demand to "support", but pls contribute also by reminding them that this is useful, then it might come in next release ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 9:04 a.m. EST
Hello Peter,
Creating new selections as the union/intersection/etc of existing selections is in the plans for v4.2. Expect also a couple of new, implicit, ways to create selections.
Jeff
Hello Peter, Creating new selections as the union/intersection/etc of existing selections is in the plans for v4.2. Expect also a couple of new, implicit, ways to create selections. Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 9:49 a.m. EST
That is a pity! Thanks for the quick reply anyway!

Peter
That is a pity! Thanks for the quick reply anyway! Peter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.