Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with meshinit: ud-values of triangles in two domain-geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
i created a mesh in a one-domain geometry (a block3). The resulting ud-values of the triangle elements of that mesh are [0 1] or [1 0]. As i understand it the 1 stands for my 'inner' block3-domain, the 0 for the 'outside world'.

Now i want to put that mesh via meshinit in a two-domain geometry (two block3-objects, one cube is placed inside the other one, the mesh should be placed on the inner cube). The domain number for the inner cube is 2 the outer one is 1.

This works well as long as i only put the tet-elements into meshinit, i just have to change the dom-values from 1 to 2. It also works for the vertices and edges.

But meshinit doesn't accept my triangles (each triangle element has dom, ud and param value): the dom-values seem to be ok (just add 5 to each value) and the param values should remain the same but the ud-values seem to be wrong. I obtain them by changing all 0 to 1 and all 1 to 2, because the outer domain is 1 now and the inner domain is 2.

Any ideas why my ud numbers are wrong?

0 Replies Last Post Feb 22, 2011, 2:59 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chris Shor

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.