Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with differentiation in COMSOL 3.5 a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.
I defined a PROJECTION COUPLING VARIABLE named magflux (magnetic flux) and I exported the values of this variable vs a range of z coordinate values successfully but, when I try to export the data of the derivative of magflux (my PROJECTION COUPLING VARIABLE) with respect to z, all the values I get are equal to zero.

I have tried doing
1. magfluxz
2. magflux,z
3.diff(magflux, z)
4.d(magflux, z)
5.pd (magflux, z)

and any of these worked out. I also tried to do, just to test, pd(normB_emqa,z) and all the values are zero.

Can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?

By the way, is there a way to fix a polynomial to a set of data (x,f(x)) in COMSOL?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

P.S. I am attaching 2 pictures of what I have done to make clearer my problem.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 20, 2010, 3:18 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Igor P.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.