Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Version 3.5a Solver Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to model a 3D cantilever beam-type device (using Solid/Stress-strain, moving mesh and electrostatics) and my mesh compiles properly (I think) but upon attempting to solve I get the following error:

Error:
Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter:
No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor.
Returned solution has not converged.

I've seen this error in the past, but I'm not sure exactly what it corresponds to. Is there any general reasoning behind this error, or a general problem that this is indicating? Does it have something to do with my mesh or my solver parameters or my physics properties? Also, I'm using Parametric solver parameters with Direct (SPOOLES) linear system solver.

I've attatched my model.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards,
Kevin

0 Replies Last Post Oct 11, 2010, 4:48 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kevin Myhro

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.