Simulation ends with error. Possibly achieved sigularity, last time step does not converge.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, i have to simulate the airflow of a blown piston switch. The structure consists of a counter-contact and a rod contact. Through the rod contact flows the air. In the COMSOL project you can see the geo of the airspace + the moving part, the rod contact. I want to make a simulation, how the airflow changes, when the rod contact moves away from the counter contact, over time (30 ms). My problem is that the simulation always stops to make progress at 4% - 6, i already tried various things, like going from Physics Controlled Mash to costume, playing with the moving mesh and remashing. But in the end, after a few hours i always get the error:

Time-dependent solver1 (sol1/t1) Error test repeatedly failed. Possibly singularity reached. Last Time Step Not Converged.

or something like that.

Please help.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.